[Insight-developers] ITK wrapping status

Michal Suchanek hramrach at centrum.cz
Wed Oct 20 16:46:57 EDT 2010

Hello

2010/10/20 Gaëtan Lehmann <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr>:

> Le 20 oct. 10 à 13:12, Michal Suchanek a écrit :
>
>> 2010/10/20 Gaëtan Lehmann <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr>:
>>>
>>> Hi Michal,
>>>
>>> This bug is fixed in the last svn version.
>>> Make sure to also update your ITK copy: I've just fixed a bug which was
>>> preventing WrapITK to build.
>>>
>>> Gaëtan
>>>

>> Doing some test builds right now but they will take very long since
>> WrapITK is large and fails to build in parallel.
>>

> WrapITK does build in parallel. It is build nightly on 4 different hosts
> with at leas 6 parallel jobs for more that a year without any problem on
> that side.
>
> Some error message would help a lot to understand what is going wrong with
> your build.

Obviously the gdcm included in ITK cannot be used for building
anything when installed.

The parallel build just gets to gdcm early.

I gave up on trying to build anything against that mess, reinstalled a
gdcm release and pointed WrapITK to it.

>> It looks like WrapITK now gets past the point where it failed previously.
>

> Great.
>
> Please let us know if you find some other problems, or if everything works
> as expected ;-)

Thanks for quickly fixing the previous issues.

There is still an error:

[  6%] Generating wrap_itkVectorConfidenceConnectedImageFilter.xml
cd /scratch/itk/wrapitk-read-only/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/Libraries/SegmentationAndThreshold
&& /usr/bin/gccxml -fxml-start=_cable
_ -fxml=/scratch/itk/wrapitk-read-only/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/Libraries/SegmentationAndThreshold/wrap_itkVectorConfidenceConnecte
dImageFilter.xml --gccxml-gcc-options
/scratch/itk/wrapitk-read-only/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/Libraries/SegmentationAndThreshold/gc
c_xml.inc -DCSWIG -DCABLE_CONFIGURATION -DITK_MANUAL_INSTANTIATION
/scratch/itk/wrapitk-read-only/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/Librarie
s/SegmentationAndThreshold/wrap_itkVectorConfidenceConnectedImageFilter.cxx
/usr/include/InsightToolkit/Numerics/Statistics/itkMembershipFunctionBase.h:
In member function 'void itk::Statistics::Membersh
ipFunctionBase<TVector>::SetMeasurementVectorSize(unsigned int) [with
TVector = itk::CovariantVector<float, 3u>]':
/usr/include/InsightToolkit/Common/itkMutexLock.h:59:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/InsightToolkit/Numerics/Statistics/itkMembershipFunctionBase.h:87:
error: 'GetLength' is not a member of 'itk::Num
ericTraits<itk::CovariantVector<float, 3u> >'
/usr/include/InsightToolkit/Numerics/Statistics/itkMembershipFunctionBase.h:
In member function 'void itk::Statistics::Membersh
ipFunctionBase<TVector>::SetMeasurementVectorSize(unsigned int) [with
TVector = itk::CovariantVector<float, 2u>]':
/usr/include/InsightToolkit/Common/itkMutexLock.h:59:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/InsightToolkit/Numerics/Statistics/itkMembershipFunctionBase.h:87:
error: 'GetLength' is not a member of 'itk::Num
ericTraits<itk::CovariantVector<float, 2u> >'
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report
/scratch/itk/wrapitk-read-only/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/CMakeFiles
make[3]: *** [Libraries/SegmentationAndThreshold/wrap_itkVectorConfidenceConnectedImageFilter.xml]
Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/scratch/itk/wrapitk-read-only/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu'
make[2]: *** [Libraries/SegmentationAndThreshold/CMakeFiles/SegmentationAndThresholdIdx.dir/all]
Error 2