[Insight-developers] Gerrit Process Check

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Oct 22 05:26:30 EDT 2010

Le 18 oct. 10 à 20:57, Marcus D. Hanwell a écrit :

>> and instead of:
>> git stage-push
>> git stage-merge
>>
>> why not add an alias
>> $ git stage-push-and-merge
>
> That could be combined if desired. In other projects there is a next
> branch, and you want to choose which branch to merge. It is certainly
> possible to combine the two, I guess the question is whether it is
> desirable.

For now we don't have a next branch (will we have one in the future?)
and it would be great to have to run a single command to complete one
step of the workflow.
In my opinion, the developer shouldn't have to know that his changes
are going through a stage area when working with gerrit.
In that case we are talking about gerrit's workflow so I would simply
call it gerrit-merge. It seems quite logical after the gerrit-push
used to submit the changes to gerrit.

Does that make sense?

Gaëtan

--