[Insight-developers] dash14.kitware mingw build

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Oct 28 06:35:09 EDT 2010

dash14 is old and slow and overloaded:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewSite.php?siteid=17&project=2&currenttime=1288227600

The claimed "13%" "non-CDash" time on the pie chart is really when the
machine is trying (and not finishing) to do the dashboard in question.
(CDash can only report on builds that have finished and submitted...)
The ITK dashboard is starting at about 7:25 pm, and does not have time
to finish before the machine does it's nightly reboot at 8:30 pm....

The main time-consumer is the ITK cygwin dashboard on dash14:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/buildSummary.php?buildid=761029#Stage2
It starts at 8:something am and finishes in the 7:00 pm hour... 11
hours for a build. Does anybody *really* use cygwin for serious
software development? How? It's just soooooo slow. (I'm guessing the
mingw dashboard stopped appearing the day after somebody fixed the
cygwin build on that machine...)

The only solution that I see here is to move one of the ITK
cygwin/mingw dashboards to other hardware.

So: it's a matter of finding available hardware/compute time.