[Insight-developers] Commit message prefixes

Stephen Aylward stephen.aylward at kitware.com
Fri Oct 29 14:45:03 EDT 2010

Going over a day's work as a a project manager, it is good to know if
bug fixes are being done or new features being added or style  fixes.

Looking back as a developer, I'd like to know if someone was
committing a bug fixed to my code or simply style changes.   Or when
looking at other people's code, where there 100s of bug fixes applied
to it, or just one or two.

Looking back as a user, I'd like to know if a filter has been improved
since I last downloaded it, or bugs fixed or whatever.

Yes, Developer IQ errors that result in mislabelings are a problem -
no need to throw out the baby with the bathwater...as my grandma
actually never said, but I'm sure someone's grandmother once said.