[Insight-developers] Alpha 09 tagging

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 12:43:24 EDT 2011

Brad,

I disagree with the change.

1) kwsys's hash map stuff is not tested and is not portable.
2) itk's hash map stuff was tested and was portable.
3) the change over to the kwsys hash map stuff has been failing since July
13 and I see no positive gain from the change other than removing the vnl
hash map stuff.

Bill

The errors follow:
[ 28%] Building CXX object Modules/Core/Common/src/
CMakeFiles/ITKCommon.dir/itkE
quivalencyTable.cxx.obj
In file included from
C:/lorensen/ProjectsGIT/ITKModular-mingw/Modules/ThirdPart
y/KWSys/src/itksys/hash_map.hxx:41:0,
                 from
C:/lorensen/ProjectsGIT/ITKModular/Modules/Core/Common/inc
lude/itkEquivalencyTable.h:26,
                 from
C:\lorensen\ProjectsGIT\ITKModular\Modules\Core\Common\src
\itkEquivalencyTable.cxx:18:
C:/lorensen/ProjectsGIT/ITKModular-mingw/Modules/ThirdParty/KWSys/src/itksys/has
h_fun.hxx:127:8: error: redefinition of 'struct itksys::hash<long long int>'
C:/lorensen/ProjectsGIT/ITKModular-mingw/Modules/ThirdParty/KWSys/src/itksys/has
h_fun.hxx:115:24: error: previous definition of 'struct itksys::hash<long
long i
nt>'
C:/lorensen/ProjectsGIT/ITKModular-mingw/Modules/ThirdParty/KWSys/src/itksys/has
h_fun.hxx:131:8: error: redefinition of 'struct itksys::hash<long long
unsigned
int>'
C:/lorensen/ProjectsGIT/ITKModular-mingw/Modules/ThirdParty/KWSys/src/itksys/has
h_fun.hxx:120:33: error: previous definition of 'struct itksys::hash<long
long u
nsigned int>'
make[2]: ***
[Modules/Core/Common/src/CMakeFiles/ITKCommon.dir/itkEquivalencyTab
le.cxx.obj] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Modules/Core/Common/src/CMakeFiles/ITKCommon.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2