[Insight-developers] Migration guides docs editing

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Mon Aug 15 10:47:07 EDT 2011

I need some guidance from the migration guide team.

Say someone makes an API change and documents it with a migration
guide XML document, and that this migration guide includes a snippet
showing how to convert old code to the new API.

Now say I want to make a subsequent API change that invalidates the
original migration guide document, but it's just a name change, so
editing the existing migration guide document would be easy enough
(and seems like the right thing to do). If that's the case, do I just
add myself as an author to the migration guide document? Can I add a
gerrit-id to the <Gerrit-ChangeId> element? Do I add a date to the
<Date> element? Do I update the list of modified files? Or should I
just update the code examples and leave the rest alone?

Thanks,
Cory

--
Cory Quammen