[Insight-developers] Improving module CMake help text

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 10:57:48 EST 2011

> Maybe it should be like a good git commit message, wherein the first
> 78 characters (or the first line) of DOCUMENTATION is a good "short
> version" that can be used where a one-liner is required...
>
> We could easily extract the first N characters, or text up to the
> first "\n" for such presentation.

Sure, sounds good to me. Something else to consider - some of the
module names are very long. For example, when I select this one, this
is what I see at the bottom of ccmake:

Module_ITKBinaryMathematicalMorphology: Request building
ITKBinaryMathematicalMorphol

Is there a way to not display the variable name? That would give us
twice as much space to work with. It is implied that the text at the
bottom is related to the currently selected variable, right? Also, the
"Request building [module name]" also seems unnecessary, and takes up
valuable space. Thoughts?

David