[Insight-developers] some edits to the registration parts of the why page

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Fri Dec 9 23:00:34 EST 2011

Looks good, Brian.

I had put together that page right before MICCAI, so feel free to
update as you see fit.  Please only add what has been merged.
Currently, I do not believe the evolutionary optimizers have been
ported or multi-component registration.

Re: multi-component gradients, what way did you decide to go with the
data-type: itk::Matrix?  A new a-symmetric covariant second rank
tensor?  Should we have a class for contravariant tensors?  A class
that can handle contravariant, covariant, mixed-variance?

Matt