[Insight-developers] ITK git branches

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Tue Dec 13 14:25:06 EST 2011

Hi,

As we approach ITKv4, we should consider how to organize git branches.
 Currently, we have

  dashboard - CTest/CDash dashboard scripts
  hooks - Git Hooks
  master - where most development occurs
  nightly-master - follows the CDash nightly builds (?)
  release - currently a stage for bug fixes for ITKv3

I assume we like to advance 'release' to ITKv4 after the 4.0.0 release.
We should probably retain a branch for ITKv3 bugfixes.  Would 'v3release'
be a good name?

Are there other thoughts on the current Git branch workflow?

Thanks,
Matt