[Insight-developers] SimpleITK: revert topic merged into next

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Dec 14 12:43:30 EST 2011

Hello,

I have a couple of topics merged into SimpleITK's next branch I'd like to abandon/revert/un-merge from next. Specifically the following topics:  SIMPLEITK-121_NoITKInclude and SIMPLEITK-1_registration. These are both fairly long running topics, where other topics have been merged into them. I have been unsuccessful with using git revert as per the instructions here  2.7 Abandoning a Topic. I am tempted to just to a reset --hard origin/master ( or the most recent master first parent) and commit that as reverting the topic. Is this the best way to create a commit that reverts all the changes in the topic, before merging back into next?

Thanks.
Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for