[Insight-developers] ITK version numbers

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 16:45:02 EST 2011

With long release cycles like VTK I think the date is important.

This is certainly true with the wiki examples where we want to have
the examples work for released and non-released versions. I don't see
the harm in having a patch based on date for the odd versions between
releases. For even number releases, the patch number should increment
from 0.