[Insight-developers] Update on DICOM

Alexandre GOUAILLARD agouaillard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 21:56:45 EST 2011

Dear all,

Untill NAMIC week, I m going to give a weekly update on DICOM status
with the roadmap as a base to follow up progress:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/DICOM_Roadmap_Dec2011

Task 1 is on hold (gdcm)
Task 2 Is ongoing
  1. is now done and stable
  2. is ongoing. the class infrastructure is here, reading seems to
work but do not support explicitly all features (LUT, Rescale, ...) as
of now. Estimated date of completion: a couple of days. The Image
Series is not implemented yet.
  3. requires a little bit more discussion with steve to better
understand what the NAMIC community needs for SLICER/CTK/DCMTK
Task 3 is ongoing
  1. the module is done and stable as far as I can tell
  2. Mayo mentioned they have code for that
  3. depends on 2.3
Task 4 is for NAMIC
Task 5 is ongoing
   we are writing tests for ITK.

We are on track to have a full implementation of a DCMTK IO Factory
for NAMIC week. Also, the PACS module architecture would be ready.
Left for NAMIC would be the polishing, testing of PACS, and sync with
NAMIC/SLICER/CTK.

Code is here: do not hesitate to test and give feedback.
https://github.com/ComplexSystemsModeling/DCMTK-ITK

regards,

alex.