[Insight-developers] Compiling with c++0x patch

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 11:31:53 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Bradley Lowekamp
<blowekamp at mail.nih.gov> wrote:
> Hello David,
>

> Did you run into this problem when you build ITK with this flag or when this
> flag was added to an application which uses ITK?
>
> I believe there is a try compile for usage of this feature in VXL, so if you
> compile both your application and ITK with this flag it may work?
>
> Brad

I initially ran into it when compiling code that used ITK with
-std=gnu++0x set in CXX_FLAGS. I just tried what you suggested -
attempting to build ITK with the same flag, but I get the same

/home/doriad/src/ITK/Modules/ThirdParty/VNL/src/vxl/core/vnl/vnl_math.h:87:53:
error: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data
member ‘e’ of non-integral type

Has any one else tried to build ITK with this flag?

David