[Insight-developers] Testing Data

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Feb 7 15:10:19 EST 2011

On 02/07/2011 02:01 PM, Johnson, Hans J wrote:
> I, however, think it is a very bad idea to store testing data in git,
> especially baseline images.  Downloading the git repository requires that
> every baseline image that has ever been used must be downloaded for every
> source code build of ITK.   It is not that uncommon to need to update
> baseline images.

This is the motivation.

On 2/7/11 12:29 PM, Matthew McCormick wrote:
> A remaining issue seems to be pushing proposals to Gerrit that
> reviewers can easily check out.  Maybe there could be a data server
> that could be pushed to using Gerrit authentication for proposals.
> Scripts could be made to push Gerrit proposals to the main Midas
> repository when ready to merge.  A reviewer would set his data source
> CMake configuration to the Gerrit server?

Yes, we'd like to do something like this but make everything as automatic
as possible.

This is all a work in progress.  Gaëtan's post summarizes the concerns and
design goals of what we (Kitware) have already been working towards.  The
Testing/Data submodule is currently keeping things out of the main history
until a better solution is ready.

-Brad