[Insight-developers] ITKv4 Modularization Plan

Xiaoxiao Liu xiaoxiao.liu at kitware.com
Tue Feb 8 11:08:25 EST 2011

Yup. This file was created by hand and stored  in  the "modularITKSupport"
repository, which contains all the manually created cmake files for modules.
When you run the modularization scripts, this "modularITKSupport" repo was
downloaded to your  modular ITK tree  before the monolithic ITK's source
codes are copied over into modules.

Let me know if you have more questions regarding this process, we could
discuss on the phone if you will.
Thanks.

2011/2/8 Gaëtan Lehmann <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr>

> [...]
>> move things around once everyone starts to contribute to the modularized
>> ITK.
>>

>> So far we have created 90 modules out of the monolithic ITK (not including
>> Examples and Reviews). Among the 90 modules, there are 14 utility modules
>> (such as  itk-tiff and itk-xml) ,  and  21 I/O modules (such as
>> itk-io-tiff).  The   Manifest (located ITK/Modularization/Manifest.txt)
>>  lists 2352 source code files and their  locations in the modularized ITK.
>>  Here is a spreadsheet version of the Manifest for your convinence to
>> explore: Manifest.xlsx.  You can also get a copy of a modularized ITK
>> (produced at Feb. 2nd) from  http://itk.org/gitweb?p=tmp/modularITK.gitto investigate.
>>

>> The current modularization process involves manually editing the Manifest
>> file, adding tests for each module and running dashboards for modularized
>> ITK every day.  This process is done for the majority of ITK now and will be
>> done for the entire toolkit by Feb 28th. Moreover, this process will
>> continue to be carried out for any new contributions into ITKv4. Therefore,
>> it will be extremely helpful for developers to get familiar with the new
>> lay-out of the toolkit and get ready for the changes.
>>

>> We are working on detailed documentations to help both developers and
>> users to adapt to the modularized version of ITK. More details about the
>> modularization can be found at this wiki page:
>> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Modularization.
>>

>> Thank you for your attention!
>>

>> - Best,
>>
>>  Modularization Team  (Luis, Bill, Brad, Xiaoxiao)

>> Xiaoxiao Liu, Ph.D.
>> R & D Engineer
>> Kitware Inc.
>> Clifton Park, NY
>> Phone: (518) 881-4924  or  (518) 371-3971 x124

>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

>> --
>> Gaëtan Lehmann
>> Biologie du Développement et de la Reproduction
>> INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)
>> tel: +33 1 34 65 29 66    fax: 01 34 65 29 09
>> http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr  http://www.itk.org
>> http://www.mandriva.org  http://www.bepo.fr

>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

>> --
>> Gaëtan Lehmann
>> Biologie du Développement et de la Reproduction
>> INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)
>> tel: +33 1 34 65 29 66    fax: 01 34 65 29 09
>> http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr  http://www.itk.org
>> http://www.mandriva.org  http://www.bepo.fr
>>

>> --
>> Xiaoxiao Liu, Ph.D.
>> R & D Engineer
>> Kitware Inc.
>> Clifton Park, NY
>> Phone: (518) 881-4924  or  (518) 371-3971 x124
>>

> --
> Gaëtan Lehmann
> INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)
> tel: +33 1 34 65 29 66    fax: 01 34 65 29 09

*Xiaoxiao Liu*, Ph.D.
R & D Engineer
Kitware Inc <http://www.kitware.com/>.