[Insight-developers] ITKv4 Module Names

Matthew McCormick (thewtex) matt at mmmccormick.com
Thu Feb 10 10:59:20 EST 2011

> Note that the "Filtering" directory diverges from the previous flat layout
> We still treat the modules logically as a flat set but just organize the
> source directory structure a bit.  Future re-organization of the directory
> layout will not require any code changes.  The CMake code simply globs for
> modules with
>
>  <top>/*/*/itk-module.cmake
>  <top>/*/*/*/itk-module.cmake

> Comments?

Hats off the the Modularization team.  You guys are doing outstanding work.

Are there plans to change the directory layout *inside* the modules too?

Also, how dependent is the CMake code on the filesystem layout inside
the modules?  I am thinking particularly about modules that fall in
the 'Utilities' category, or future modules one may want to add of an
'Utilities' nature.  It would be nice to keep the upstream layout.
Then the module repository could have an upstream branch and and itk
branch with CMake modularization sugar added and bug fixes, etc.  This
would make it much simpler to merge changes and push patches upstream.
 If the CMake layout is rigid, would symlinks suffice?

Thanks,
Matt