[Insight-developers] gccxml problem with msvc9

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Feb 11 14:58:54 EST 2011

Hi Brad,

I'm trying to setup a nightly test of ITK with wrapping on a MS
Windows XP host with Visual C++ 2008 express edition.
GCCXML builds fine, but when I try to run it, I get this error message:

1>------ Build started: Project: BaseGccXML, Configuration: Release
Win32 ------
1>Generating itkVersor.xml
1>Compiler "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/bin/
cl.exe" is not supported by GCC_XML because none of
1>the Vc6, Vc7, Vc71, Vc8, Vc8ex, Vc9, Vc9ex or Vc10 support
directories exists.
1>Could not determine GCCXML_FLAGS setting.
1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from
"Generating itkVersor.xml"
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\tests\ITK-build\Wrapping\WrapITK
\Libraries\Base\BaseGccXML.dir\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>BaseGccXML - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped
==========

Do you know what is wrong?

Visual C++ 2008 express edition gives those details in its "About"
window:

This hotfix is for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition with SP1
- ENU.
If you later install a more recent service pack, this hotfix will be
uninstalled automatically.
For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948127.

Regards,

Gaëtan