[Insight-developers] gccxml problem with msvc9

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Sat Feb 12 11:13:24 EST 2011

Usually, when the VC support directories do not exist, it means you have not
run the "bin/gccxml_vcconfig.bat" batch file that configures gccxml for the
version of Visual Studio you're targeting.

If you build the gccxml CPack/NSIS installer, and run that, it automatically
runs the batch file at the end of installing gccxml on the target machine.
If you're not running that installer, you have to make sure you run it
yourself for proper VS support.

gccxml DOES NOT WORK YET with Visual Studio 2010. There is presently nobody
(to my knowledge) actively working on such support either. Please use VS
2005 or VS 2008 with gccxml until such support is available.

Or: send a patch. :-)

HTH,
David

2011/2/11 Gaëtan Lehmann <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr>

> And again a similar message with msvc8:
>
> 19>------ Build started: Project: BasePython, Configuration: Release Win32
------
> 19>Generating itkVersor.xml
> 19>Compiler "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/bin/cl.exe" is
not supported by GCC_XML because none of
> 19>the Vc6, Vc7, Vc71, Vc8, Vc8ex, Vc9, Vc9ex or Vc10 support directories
exists.
> 19>Could not determine GCCXML_FLAGS setting.
> 19>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating
itkVersor.xml"
> 19>Build log was saved at
"file://c:\tests\ITK-build8\Wrapping\WrapITK\Libraries\Base\BasePython.dir\Release\BuildLog.htm"
> 19>BasePython - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
>

> I guess I'm doing something wrong, or that all those versions are using
something in common which is incompatible with gccxml.
> Any idea is welcome.
>
> Gaëtan
>

> Le 11 févr. 11 à 21:47, Gaëtan Lehmann a écrit :
>

>> I get a similar error with msvc10:
>>
>> 15>------ Build started: Project: BaseGccXML, Configuration: Debug Win32
------
>> 14>  Generating vcl_complex.xml
>> 15>  Generating itkEventObjects.xml
>> 14>  Compiler "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0/VC/bin/cl.exe" is not supported by GCC_XML because none of
>> 14>  the Vc6, Vc7, Vc71, Vc8, Vc8ex, Vc9, Vc9ex or Vc10 support
directories exists.
>> 14>  Could not determine GCCXML_FLAGS setting.
>> 15>  Compiler "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0/VC/bin/cl.exe" is not supported by GCC_XML because none of
>> 15>  the Vc6, Vc7, Vc71, Vc8, Vc8ex, Vc9, Vc9ex or Vc10 support
directories exists.
>> 15>  Could not determine GCCXML_FLAGS setting.
>> 15>  The system cannot find the batch label specified - VCReportError
>> 14>  The system cannot find the batch label specified - VCReportError
>> 14>C:\Program
Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): error
MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 1.
Win32 ------

>> Le 11 févr. 11 à 20:58, Gaëtan Lehmann a écrit :
>>

>>> Hi Brad,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to setup a nightly test of ITK with wrapping on a MS Windows
XP host with Visual C++ 2008 express edition.
>>> GCCXML builds fine, but when I try to run it, I get this error message:
>>>
>>> 1>------ Build started: Project: BaseGccXML, Configuration: Release
Win32 ------
>>> 1>Generating itkVersor.xml
>>> 1>Compiler "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/bin/cl.exe"
is not supported by GCC_XML because none of
>>> 1>the Vc6, Vc7, Vc71, Vc8, Vc8ex, Vc9, Vc9ex or Vc10 support directories
exists.
>>> 1>Could not determine GCCXML_FLAGS setting.
>>> 1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from
"Generating itkVersor.xml"
>>> 1>Build log was saved at
"file://c:\tests\ITK-build\Wrapping\WrapITK\Libraries\Base\BaseGccXML.dir\Release\BuildLog.htm"
>>> 1>BaseGccXML - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
>>> ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped
>>>
>>> Do you know what is wrong?
>>>
>>> Visual C++ 2008 express edition gives those details in its "About"
window:

>>> This hotfix is for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition with SP1 -
ENU.