[Insight-developers] gccxml problem with msvc9

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Feb 14 10:59:10 EST 2011

On 02/12/2011 01:52 PM, Gaëtan Lehmann wrote:
> I'm installing gccxml during the ITK build, using a cmake external
> project. I guess I have to add a custom command to run that script.
> Or would it be possible to run it during the the gccxml install?

When the install tree is meant to be used with CPack for creating a
redistributable installer it doesn't make sense to install the host
machine's support files.  Therefore any such rule would have to be
switched on/off by packaging rules.  I think for now it is simplest
to add a step to the external project to run it after installation.

>> gccxml DOES NOT WORK YET with Visual Studio 2010.
>
> Well, it is running right now on my host with msvc10, so I guess
> someone (Brad?) have added the support for this compiler recently :-)

It partially works:

http://www.gccxml.org/Bug/view.php?id=11463

-Brad