[Insight-developers] KWStyle, ITK, & Git Questions.

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Tue Feb 15 11:05:01 EST 2011

I have this patch up in Gerrit that implements a one-command
fetch-build-install for KWStyle.

It has been suggested that installing KWStyle be an (optional) part of the
Utilities/DeveloperSetup.sh.  I think this is a great idea. On my 2.66ghz
dual Xeon, the whole download-fetch-install process takes under a minute
-- and that's without parallel builds.

The question is where would it get built & installed for use by the git
KWStyle hook? All you know for sure is where the source tree is, at the
point where you're running DeveloperSetup.sh.  Should it get stuck in .git
directory? Ideas?

Question #2: Why doesn't KWStyle have a release branch in git?  I don't
know if anyone's actively working on KWStyle, but it is a little scary
using a git clone to download the source for a program and not know what
revision you're getting.