[Insight-developers] ITKApps builds need attention

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Feb 17 16:01:29 EST 2011

Hi Bill,

Thanks for going through the ITK Apps.

The compilation error in eldorado and zion,
reveals a real ITKv4 installation problem.

In this case,
ITKApss is being built against a Nightly installed version of ITKv4.
The installation creates a "lib" directory with the following content:

The directories:

InsightToolkit-4.0
gdcm-2.0

and the library files

libgdcmcharls.a
libgdcmCommon.a
libgdcmDICT.a
libgdcmDSED.a
libgdcmIOD.a
libgdcmjpeg12.a
libgdcmjpeg16.a
libgdcmjpeg8.a
libgdcmMSFF.a
libgdcmuuid.a

However the only directory that is added to the "-L" path is
the "InsightToolkit-4.0" one.   So, the gdcm libraries that are
place above it are not found.

The two obvious solutions are:

A) Move the gdcm libraries to the InsightToolkit-4.0 directory
     during installation.

or

B)  Add the "installation/lib" directory to the "-L" path.

Any preferences / objections to (A) or (B)   ?

----

For the record,
If we change ITK_DIR to point to the ITK build directory
instead of the installation directory.  Then the applications
build fine with the exception of:

* GaussianMinimumErrorClassifier
* MultichannelTissueClassificationValidation

That, as you already pointed out,
need help with the new statistics framework.