[Insight-developers] Problem in reading 5D nifti image

Hsieh M.Hsieh at student.tudelft.nl
Fri Feb 18 10:35:07 EST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to read a diffusion tensor image in nifti(.nii) format,
which has dimension of [128 128 64 1 6]. However, the image I got after
read by the itkImageFileReader.h had dimension only [128 128 64 1 1].
The last two dimension are suppressed by the reader. When I looked into
the class (.h) and the .txx file, I found out that the
numberOfDimensionsIO, which is 3, is smaller than
TOutputImage::ImageDimension, which is set manually to 5, so that the
4th and the 5th dimension are set to 1 later. Why does that happen?
numberOfDimensionsIO should be 5 in this case.

Best regards,

Meng-Kang Hsieh (Michael)

OpSciTech, Erasmus Mundus

Delft University of Technology