[Insight-developers] Pending Alpha 5 tag

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Sun Feb 20 14:03:40 EST 2011

The dashboard is a bit more cleaned up then when it was as of the last TCON, at least mini1 continuous is reasonable. I would suggest everyone holding off on merging new topics unless they specifically address dashboard issues, such as compilation warnings failing tests until this tag is made. It should be able to be made tonight or tomorrow night. If some one wants to spend a large effort to further clean up the dashboard right now, please communicate that to the community.

At the TCON the purpose of the alpha releases was brought up. I believe this is when major topic should be scheduled to be completed, and effort should be made to make the dashboard presentable. Essentially, it is to mark a larger development cycle then the daily extreme paradigm. I have also been using the alpha as a time to update some of my applications to ITKv4, so I have been assuming good stability for these marked tags. If the effort is not made to cleanup our work as we go along, when we get to crunch time it is going to be a mess and require more time and effort to get things ready for a beta release.

Yes, ideally the dashboard should always be clean. But as it currently is it is far from that. People check in code, are are totally unaware of new test failure, new compiler errors, not to mention warnings. E-mails are not automatically sent out about new failures, and people are not checking that dashboard. New errors are SO much easier to find now with the little "+1" indicating changes, I just don't think people are taking advantage of it and seem to be ignoring the dashboard after they check in code.

Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for
National Library of Medicine