[Insight-developers] Checking ITK for stale URLs

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 16:03:14 EST 2011

Brad,

Very nice.

The "Extreme Bill"  says it would be a great test.
The "Cynical Bill" says it will just generate more errors we can ignore.

I mostly feel extreme...

It would be nice to give it just a directory name and have it walk the
whole tree. Also, only report warnings/errors. I guess the warnings
would be the "Moved" results and the errors would be the "Not Found"
results.

It should also print out the file that contains the bad url.

I just ran it on all of ITK and it does generate a lot of false
errors. For example:
http://www.kitware.com/) not found. Buit it seems to include the ")"
http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt)  Not Found
so the re probably needs some work.

I ran this command from the top of the ITK tree:
find . -exec ~/Downloads/VerifyURLs.py  /dev/null {} \; | grep Not

Bill