[Insight-developers] Building executable in <module>/test : Mysteries inside Mysteries

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Mon Jul 11 13:10:59 EDT 2011

So I'm trying to work out why the HDF5 library spews warnings in a
separately compiled application if you try and open a non-existent file,
but does not do so in a test included in the ITK4 testing framework.
That's mystery #1

This is mystery #2: I tried to build a little program in
ITK/Modules/IO/HDF5/test and I get these errors:

Linking CXX executable ../../../../bin/itkHDF5WarningTest
Undefined symbols:
  "itksys::SystemToolsManager::SystemToolsManager()", referenced from:
      __static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int, int)in
itkHDF5WarningTest.cxx.o
  "itk::ImageIOFactory::CreateImageIO(char const*,
itk::ImageIOFactory::FileModeType)", referenced from:
      _main in itkHDF5WarningTest.cxx.o
  "itksys::SystemToolsManager::~SystemToolsManager()", referenced from:
      ___tcf_1 in itkHDF5WarningTest.cxx.o

Adding ITK-KWSys as a dependency to the ITK-IO-HDF5 module doesn't fix
this, and ITK-IO-HDF5 should already pick up the ITKSys dependency from
ITK-Common, right?

Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu