[Insight-developers] function to compare image information?

brian avants stnava at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 18:38:08 EDT 2011

hi brad

how about something like:

bool PhysicalSpaceIsIdenticalToSelf(  ImageBase* imageToCompareToSelf )

or

bool HasPhysicalSpaceIdenticalToMyPhysicalSpace(  ImageBase*
imageToCompareToSelf )   ?

or

bool VerifyPhysicalSpacesAreTheSame( ImageBase* imageToCompareToSelf )

with a 2nd implementation like:

bool VerifyPhysicalSpacesAreTheSame( ImageBase* imageA, ImageBase* ImageB )

this brings up another extension that we've discussed ... an image
that has no data.  a lightweight image, a virtual image, whatever
you'd like to call it.

all it would contain would be the physical space information.

this would be a useful object to attach to a mesh, spatial object, etc.

is such a class around?

brian