[Insight-developers] Problems with patch I pushed yesterday.

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Wed Jun 1 12:28:28 EDT 2011

This patch:

http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,1725

Has a problem.  Well, a couple of problems, one being a template problem
with Sun compilers -- I know how to fix that.

The bigger problem: My test had an error I just caught: I thought I was
changing the spacing/size of the second and third test images, and I'd
neglected to set the new size on the ImageRegion before allocating the
images.

So I fixed THAT, and the test started failing, because in
itk::DataObject::PropogateRequestedRegion(), the pipeline mechanism checks
the requested regions for all inputs, and throws an exception if the
requested regions don't match.

Is it possible to have a filter with different sized inputs?  Reading
through the 'how to write a filter' chapter of the software guide doesn't
address this. It says you can override GenerateInputRequestedRegion, but I
don't see how I can set the requested regions such that there won't be a
problem later in PropogateRequestedRegion().