[Insight-developers] ITKv4: Features vs Clean up

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jun 2 09:06:27 EDT 2011

I want to second Brad L. comment regarding
our current misplaced focus on ITKv4.

There is a disproportionate number of changes
that are introducing new features in the toolkit,
when we are supposed to be focused on cleaning
up and restructuring for the next 10 years.

I suggest that we prioritize every patch in Gerrit
based on whether it is:

1) Bug fix
2) Clean up resulting from code reviews
3) Needed for refactoring (FEM, Regist, LevelSets)
99) New features

We have limited time and resources to do all
the refactoring and revision of ITKv4 and we
are being side-tracked dealing with changes
that are not part of the ITKv4 charter.