[Insight-developers] git/gerrit issue (many garbage merge patches showing up in gerrit)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jun 3 09:50:03 EDT 2011

On 06/03/2011 09:39 AM, Brad King wrote:
> In order to correct the situation I abandoned all the extra changes in
> Gerrit.  Then I recreated your topic with the single intended commit as
> if you had started it from origin/master and pushed a new patch set to
> the change.  Now review can proceed as normal.  You can pick up on the
> instructions here:
>
>   http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git/Develop#Revise_a_Topic
>
> after reviews.

Oops, I forgot to tell you how to get your local clone back in shape.
Make sure "git status" reports no local modifications, or back them up.

I've verified that the other two commits from August and October have
already made it upstream so nothing will be lost by simply resetting
your master to the upstream version:

  git checkout master
  git fetch origin
  git reset --hard origin/master

Next, checkout the topic branch again:

  git checkout TestImportImageContainerReallocBug12239

Then reset it to the fixed version of the topic I pushed to Gerrit:

  git fetch http://review.source.kitware.com/p/ITK refs/changes/19/1819/2
  git reset --hard 077c7687

After this you can pick up with the modern instructions at the link above.

-Brad