[Insight-developers] Plan to host the SimpleITK git repo here at Kitware

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jun 7 12:40:05 EDT 2011

On 06/06/2011 01:58 PM, Brad King wrote:
> The new itk.org repository hooks enforce use of the topic stage and
> 'next'.  All ITK developers may push topics to the SimpleITK Topic Stage
> and merge them to 'next'.  Only you (Brad L.) can merge to master right
> now, but I can enable access for more people.  Perhaps you can review
> active topics during your weekly Tcon and choose which ones to merge to
> master.

FYI, as the maintainer you have merge access to master and direct push
access past the stage.  The latter should be used only for maintaner
responsibilities.  This includes keeping 'master' merged into 'next'.
Whenever you finish merging a series of topics to master you should
checkout next locally, merge master into it, and push the updated next
back out.

> The SimpleITK devs will have to figure out what workflow documentation,
> local hooks, and local setup scripts to add.  Currently this generic
> documentation applies:
>
>   http://public.kitware.com/Wiki/Git/Workflow/Topic

I added a section on this here:

  http://public.kitware.com/Wiki/Git/Workflow/Topic#Merge_Integration_Branches