[Insight-developers] ITKV4 kernel spline comment

Rupert Brooks rupert.brooks at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 07:48:55 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

In the spirit of helping with the code review and cleanup I've been
going through ITKV4 and trying to port old code over and review the
new interfaces, particularly in the registration components.

1. I noticed in this patch for review
http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,1551

that someone is working on expanding the KernelSplines to include many
different kernels beyond the 6 or so that were already included.
Thats excellent!   Might i suggest that while we have the opportunity
to change backwards compatibility, we flip the use of target and
source landmarks, so that the Jacobian is feasible to calculate?  This
is needed for use of these transforms in the registration framework.

This is described in an insight journal article here
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/145 Sorry for the
self-promotion.

I signed up to Gerrit, but it wasnt obvious to me how to comment on
this change there.  Do i have to add myself as a reviewer to the
change?

Cheers
Rupert
Rupert Brooks