[Insight-developers] Bug categories in Mantis

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Thu Jun 9 09:32:41 EDT 2011

Pertaining to this bug

about the use of categories in Mantis, I have some suggestions.

In my local projects, I typically have four categories:

Code
Build
Install
Documentation

For a project as large as ITK, it might make sense to have
subcategories of at least the Code category, such as:

Code - Bridge
Code - Core
Code - Filtering
Code - GPU

and so on for the various groups. Individual module names might be too
much. Unfortunately, Mantis doesn't provide subcategories by default,
hence my naming convention of "Code - ModuleGroup".

We might consider categories for initiatives, such as the various
refactoring projects going on:

ITKv4 - DICOM
ITKv4 - Registration Refactoring
ITKv4 A2D2 - Deconvolution

But we may not want those to persist in the bug tracker 10 years from
now. Perhaps those would be better as tags?

- Cory

--
Cory Quammen
Computer Integrated Systems for Microscopy and Manipulation (CISMM)