[Insight-developers] Languishing Gerrit Top For SystemPNG

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Fri Jun 10 12:16:43 EDT 2011

See: http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,1758

This patch does two things:

1. There's a typo in Modules/ThirdParty/PNG/CMakeLists.txt that means
USE_SYSTEM_PNG was 100% broken -- PNG_INCLUDE_DIRS is used instead of
PNG_INCLUDE_DIR, which is what the PNG CMake module defines.

2. ITK's version is quite old -- there's an API change that needs to be
   accomodated, and in the latest revision, PNG makes its data structures
   private, and access to structure members goes through access functions.

I did this work a week ago and Bill Lorensen was the only person to review
the patch. He pointed out that there's no test added for the patch, but I
don't know how you'd write a test for USE_SYSTEM_<LIB>.

I would like to merge this patch. Can someone else have a look?

The other alternative is to remove USE_SYSTEM_PNG as an option, and always
use the ITK-internal version.