[Insight-developers] Plan to host the SimpleITK git repo here at Kitware

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jun 10 12:40:00 EDT 2011

Hello Brad K,

I am trying to merge master back into next. I follow the instructions here:

http://public.kitware.com/Wiki/Git/Workflow/Topic#Merge_Integration_Branches

I am getting that it's already up to date.

(next) SimpleITK]$ git merge master
Already up-to-date.

I also tried adding "--no-ff" with no success.

Thanks,
Brad

On Jun 8, 2011, at 10:53 AM, Brad King wrote:

> On 06/08/2011 10:32 AM, Bradley Lowekamp wrote:
>> 1) Hooks for the data submodule
>> I am not sure where these should be implemented, but I think ITK has them and they are nice.
>> a) The data module should only accept commits to move master forward, not branchy stuff.
>
> This check is already present.  Only a maintainer (you) may push merges
> to the SimpleITKData.git repo.
>
>> b) The main repo should reject commit which rewind the data submodule.
>
> Also already present.  I just added it to the list of standard server
> hook checks:
>
>  http://public.kitware.com/Wiki/Git/Hooks#update
>
> The only thing missing that ITK has is the local hooks.  If you want to
> use them I can push the "hooks" branch that is already shared by many
> public.kitware.com repositories out to SimpleITK.git.  Then you can add
> the developer setup scripts in the projects itself.
>
>> 2) Syncing to Github
>> a) Can we sync both the stage and the main?
>
> Yes, but IMO it is not helpful.  The main purpose of syncing out to
> github is to allow folks to fork there and push branches to their
> own accounts without using the space for duplicating all the objects.
> Once the main history is in that repo then personal topics will not
> take much space.  Topics from the stage can be pushed to individual
> developer forks on github as desired/needed.  I don't like the idea
> of branches on github magically appearing and disappearing.
>
>> b) Where is is going to get synced to?
>
> Add "kwrobot" as a collaborator to the SimpleITK/SimpleITK.git repo
> you already have.  Then I can sync itk.org/SimpleITK.git out to that.
>
> -Brad K

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for
National Library of Medicine