[Insight-developers] SimpleITK python wrapped build error

Daniel Blezek Blezek.Daniel at mayo.edu
Tue Jun 14 11:00:57 EDT 2011

David,

  This is usually the case that you have SWIG 1.x, not 2.x.  We put a
version check in CMake, perhaps it¹s not working?

$ swig -v
Must specify an input file. Use -help for available options.
mi3c-duke:SimpleITK-ccache blezek$ swig -version

SWIG Version 2.0.1

Compiled with g++ [x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu]

Configured options: +pcre

Please see http://www.swig.org for reporting bugs and further information

-dan

On 6/14/11 9:49 AM, "David Cole" <david.cole at kitware.com> wrote:

> Trying to build SimpleITK against ITK from yesterday, and I'm getting this
> swig-related build error on my Mac. Do I have something wrong with my swig
> setup? Or what...?
>
> davidcole at qwghlm : SimpleITK-build
> $ make
> [  4%] Built target lua5
> [  4%] Built target lua
> Linking CXX static library ../../lib/libSimpleITKCommon.a
> [  5%] Built target SimpleITKCommon
> [ 27%] Built target BasicFiltersSourceCode
> Linking CXX static library ../../lib/libSimpleITKBasicFilters.a
> [ 62%] Built target SimpleITKBasicFilters
> Linking CXX static library ../../lib/libSimpleITKIO.a
> [ 62%] Built target SimpleITKIO
> [ 62%] Swig source to generate PYTHON wrapping
> :3: Error: Unable to find 'python.swg'
> /Users/davidcole/Dashboards/My Tests/SimpleITK/Wrapping/SimpleITK.i:7: Error:
> Unable to find 'std_vector.i'
> /Users/davidcole/Dashboards/My Tests/SimpleITK/Wrapping/SimpleITK.i:8: Error:
> Unable to find 'std_string.i'
> /Users/davidcole/Dashboards/My Tests/SimpleITK/Wrapping/SimpleITK.i:9: Error:
> Unable to find 'std_map.i'
> make[2]: *** [Wrapping/SimpleITKPYTHON_wrap.cxx] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [Wrapping/CMakeFiles/_SimpleITK.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Daniel Blezek, PhD
Medical Imaging Informatics Innovation Center

P 127 or (77) 8 8886
T 507 538 8886
E blezek.daniel at mayo.edu

Mayo Clinic
200 First St. S.W.
Harwick SL-44
Rochester, MN 55905
mayoclinic.org
"It is more complicated than you think." -- RFC 1925