[Insight-developers] INSTALL_PREFIX not used for ITKTargets ?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jun 15 13:01:25 EDT 2011

On 06/15/2011 09:59 AM, Alexandre GOUAILLARD wrote:
> I m trying to understand a funny error on windows, and going through
> the main CMakeLists.txt, there is a part that I do not understand.
>
> line 541:
> install(EXPORT ITKTargets DESTINATION ${ITK_INSTALL_PACKAGE_DIR})

This is correct.  The install() command interprets relative paths
with respect to the installation prefix.

> a lot of other variables seems to be using this extended path for
> location of installed files:
> "\${ITK_INSTALL_PREFIX}/${ITK_INSTALL_PACKAGE_DIR}/xxxxxx.xxx"

Those paths are not actually used for computing install destinations.
Those paths are configured into files that get put in the install tree.
The "\$" blocks evaluation during the main CMake configuration so that
the ${ITK_INSTALL_PREFIX} appears literally in the installed file.
This value is computed dynamically when the installation is used by
an application.  It makes the install tree relocatable.

> Additional bonus question: where in the new modular magic are the

Unfinished question?

> PS: the funny (most likely totally unrelated) windows error is here:
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewConfigure.php?buildid=1234311

Is this an old build tree?  Something is setting ITK_INSTALL_PACKAGE_DIR
to the wrong value.

-Brad