[Insight-developers] New process for adding data

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jun 24 16:28:30 EDT 2011

On 06/24/2011 04:13 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> I have not run the setup scripts in quite a while,

They changed a bit to add the necessary infrastructure for this
workflow.  Without them it is not expected to work at all.  Moving
forward this won't be a problem for people with new setups, but
everyone that wants to add data in an old clone needs to run them
again.

> I just tried checking out my patch on another system and there are
> problems.

I expect the build will fail as it would be unable to fetch the
data object since it was not uploaded from the original system.

On 06/24/2011 04:16 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> So, I reran the setup script. How do I properly get things working?

For future commits starting from origin/master it should just work.
You'll need a bit of manual work to recover from the broken setup.

Depending on where they were when you last ran the setup scripts
the data could be in one of a few places.  The discussion section:

  http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git/Develop/Data#Discussion

talks about the different places that the data go during this
process.  You can look in those places in the source tree:

  Modules/Bridge/ItkVtkGlue/test/Baseline/.ExternalData_MD5_*
  .ExternalData/MD5/*

where the "*" probably matches "c7787b3f83e90bc342bdf6b1649788b5".
You may also just run "make ITKData" in the build tree and then
look in ExternalData/Modules/Bridge/ItkVtkGlue/test/Baseline for
a copy or symlink to the file.

It is probably easiest for you to just email me a copy of the
file off-list and I will put it in the right place as if the
scripts had been setup correctly for you.  Your setup should
now work moving forward for future work.

-Brad