[Insight-developers] Add a Convolution module under filtering?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue May 31 17:33:31 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Cory Quammen <cquammen at cs.unc.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I agree with Luis regarding coverage. When we move this code from
>> review we have an opportunity to achieve 100% (or as near as possible)
>> coverage.
>>
>> That said, the current coverage reporting is cumbersome because one
>> needs to search 3 separate pages for a coverage report. Is there a way
>> to filter the coverage for a list of files?
>
> I agree that such a feature would be nice, or at least an option to
> show all files in one page to make in-browser searching easier.
>
> Cory

         Wish Granted       :-)

A) In Linux : install "lcov"

         sudo apt-get install lcov

B) In your binary build:

      rerun CMake and set

CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE   to   Debug
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS  -g -O0  -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage
CMAKE_C_FLAGS  -g -O0  -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage

C) make sure that CMake found "gcov"

    COVERAGE_COMMAND    /usr/bin/gcov

    and that it matches your version of GCC.

D)   build by typing "make"

E)  run the attached script

          computeCodeCoverageLocally.sh

      from the top of the binary build
      if you want a Full ITK code coverage report.

OR

F)  run the attached script

        computeCodeCoverageLocallyForOneTest.sh

     by passing the same arguments
     that you will pass to "ctest"

     For example,
     to get the code coverage
     based on only one test do

        computeCodeCoverageLocallyForOneTest.sh  -R  ConvolutionImageFilter

The script will clear up gcov counters, run the test,
analyze the results and open an HTML summary
on Firefox.