[Insight-developers] InPlace filters crashing after checkin

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Nov 3 11:03:18 EDT 2011

Very, nice! I am glad I was on the right track, but was significantly behind.

I have perviously made a simular change to ImageSource::GetOutput(). The resulting change was rather un-expected to certain users so a warning message was added to the method:

/**
 *
 */
template< class TOutputImage >
typename ImageSource< TOutputImage >::OutputImageType *
ImageSource< TOutputImage >
::GetOutput(unsigned int idx)
{
  TOutputImage *out = dynamic_cast< TOutputImage * >
                      ( this->ProcessObject::GetOutput(idx) );

  if ( out == NULL )
    {
    itkWarningMacro (<< "dynamic_cast to output type failed");
    }
  return out;
}

Brad