[Insight-developers] Function to check if images have the same information

Cartik Sharma cartik.sharma at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 19:17:13 EST 2011

Hi Matt,
I see what you are referring to.
The itkMetadataObject can have origin, spacing and other image information and can be compared for 2 different images.

Perhaps there is a better class for this particular function. So far, I think normalizing 2 image series to a standard scale helps work with them in a consistent fashion. Trick us to do this with minimum loss of information.

Regards,
Cartik

" There is plenty of room at the bottom" - Richard Feynman

Sent from my iPhone

On 2011-11-16, at 6:46 PM, Matt McCormick <matt.mccormick at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi Cartik,
>
> Thanks for your response, but I think you may have misunderstood my
> question -- I am not looking for a mathematical function to compare
> the content of two images.  I am looking for a coding function to
> compare what in ITK is often called the data Information, the Origin,
> Spacing, Direction matrix, starting Index -- the metadata that
> determine the physical location of a given pixel index.  Filters like
> the BinaryFunctorImageFilter assume that these are the same.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
>
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Cartik Sharma <cartik.sharma at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear Matt,
>>
>> The Normalized cross correlation computed for pixel intensity values can allow for image comparison. Please refer thread..
>>
>> http://www.sterlinglifesciences.com/slsjob.asp?jid=8232&id=7
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Cartik
>>
>> my iPhone
>>
>> On 2011-11-16, at 6:15 PM, Matt McCormick <matt.mccormick at kitware.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I think the was some discussion about this a while ago, but is there a
>>> convenience function that checks where two images have the
>>> information?
>>>
>>> There are algorithms that assume correspondence between the physical
>>> location of image pixel indices.  That is, the origin, spacing,
>>> direction matrix, and LargestPossibleRegion are the same.  Is there a
>>> function that can check this?
>>>
>>> I see itkIsSame.h, but that only checks if the pixel types are the same?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Matt