[Insight-developers] CMake Errors: FindOpenCV.cmake and FindVXL.cmake

John Galeotti jgaleotti at cmu.edu
Fri Nov 18 14:43:54 EST 2011

Hi Xiaoxiao,

After some more experimentation, I now see the source of my problem.  Enabling ITKGroup_Video FORCES all of its submodules to be built (including the both of the video bridges), because CMake does not provide the option for unchecking the modules of a group.  To get my desired behavior in a modular build of ITK, I need to uncheck ITKGroup_Video so that I can separately enable both ITKVideoCore and ITKVideoIO under the Module menu without enabling the video bridge stuff.

*** However, shouldn't we allow users to quickly pick a large group, and the selectively UNselect certain modules normally contained within that group?

I think many users may elect to build ITK w/ video modularly, and they will probably try first to enable ITKGroup_Video, only to find that it requires them to have both OpenCV and VXL installed.  Unfortunately, most of them will NOT want to install VXL, but may be unsure about how to build the rest of ITKGroup_Video without it.

Thanks,
John Galeotti