[Insight-developers] Problems with a couple auto-threshold filters

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Nov 23 14:36:19 EST 2011

Hello,

The mask feature would be VERY useful  to me as well. We tend to use 0 value pixels for boarders and outside ROI, so the mask paradigm would work very easily.

About the design of this new feature, are you thinking about a new set of filters, or just adding an optional input to the base-class, and  choosing the correct image to histogram filter at run-time. While I am usually, an advocate for a filter just doing one thing well, I find the idea of an optional mask image input intuitive.

Brad

blowekamp at mail.nih.gov