[Insight-developers] Request for new target: ITKHeaderTests

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Sun Sep 4 18:22:52 EDT 2011

Hi Bill,

I think that is a good idea, but I am not sure how to implement it
correctly..  Right now it regenerates the tests when CMake is run,
even though that is an unusual way of doing things.

I though about an add_custom_command, but it is difficult to specify
the dependencies correctly.  The test should be run when headers are
new or moved around, which cannot be know apriori.

If we do add_custom_target and add it to make all, it will build all
the header tests on every make, which can be time consuming and
annoying.  But, if you still think this is the way to go or if you
have other ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,
Matt