[Insight-developers] Migration Guide Issues

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Wed Sep 7 12:42:54 EDT 2011

Hi Bill,

> We expect to release the first ITK beta on September 15.
>
> 1) Will the new server and gerrit be connected before then?

I have started working on this task, but I have a lot to learn.
Realistically, it should be done sometime next week.  I am setting up
a testing infrastructure, so I hopefully will not break ITK's Gerrit
setup at this critical time.

> 2) Is there a mechanism to change a given .xml file and have it reflected in
> the Migration Guide. I suspect that will be done through gerrit by creating
> a topic that changes the .xml file. If so, I guess once the migration server
> is connected to gerrit, the migration guide will have the update .xml files?

If there is not one, I will make it so.  A manual update of all the
currently XML files may be required.  There are a number of related
todo's here:

- Make it so that a migration guide is only uploaded on merge instead
of gerrit patch submission
- Support WrapITK gerrit robot builds
- Fix CDash so that only the build for a particular patch show up for
the Gerrit patch set filter.

I have added/updated the JIRA tickets here:

https://issues.itk.org/jira/browse/ITK-2608
https://issues.itk.org/jira/browse/ITK-2676
https://issues.itk.org/jira/browse/ITK-2677
https://issues.itk.org/jira/browse/ITK-2678