[Insight-developers] new clang compile errors since Aug 26

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Sep 12 12:01:51 EDT 2011

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 15:03:59 -0400, Sean McBride said:

>On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:49:59 -0400, Bill Lorensen said:
>
>>They all look like errors after the changes to itkVectorContainer. They
>>claim that
>> using STLContainerType::reference;
>>should be:
>> using typename STLContainerType::reference;
>>
>>but, I'm not sure all of our compilers support that.
>>
>>Can you make the typename changes on your local build and see if clang is
>>happy?
>
>Adding 'typename' to that one, and the following 10 'using' statements
>"fixes" the problem.  Everything then compiles.

It would be nice if the ITK beta could be built with clang... do any of you C++ gurus have further thoughts on the error?  I tried to reduce it to something small enough to post to the clang list, but there are many header dependencies, and I gave up after realizing that my minimal C++ knowledge meant I was basically stabbing in the dark.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com