[Insight-developers] FEM : Migration Guide Pages Missing ?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Sep 12 12:55:46 EDT 2011

Hi Vincent,

As part of the ongoing Numerical Libraries hackathon
we are trying to exercise the LSQR linear solve in ITK.

To that end we attempted to exercise the examples:

Examples/Registration/

* DeformableRegistration1.cxx
* DeformableRegistration11.cxx

and we found that Kent disabled them a while ago,
while the API of the FEM framework settled. The
examples are still disabled in the CMakeLists.txt file.

Now that we are enabling these examples, they
do not compile yet with the new refactored FEM
classes.

In the process of updating the Example code
we are looking for the Migration pages that
describe the FEM refactoring, and we have
not been able to locate them.

Could you please point us to the documentation
describing what was done to the FEM framwork ?

   * Removed classes
   * Added classes
   * Replaced classes