[Insight-developers] Announcement: ITKDevelopmentSupport project @ github.

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Wed Sep 14 10:42:10 EDT 2011

Pursuant to (I've always wanted to write that) the ITK Jira Task here:
https://itk.icts.uiowa.edu/jira/browse/ITK-148

I've put together what I hope is a concise and robust CMake project that
will download and build locally all the packages & libraries
needed to support ITK development.

The project is here:

https://github.com/Chaircrusher/ITKDevelopmentSupport

Anyone who wants to be a developer on the project drop me a line, or if
you'd rather, send pull requests.

So far, I've done the 'big 3' for ITK -- KWStyle, cppcheck, and
uncrustify. Also, I've added Swig and pcre (used by cppcheck and Swig).

As per the ticket, I will add valgrind, ITK4, and VTK, since that just
involves corralling the ExternalProjects from Slicer.  I think the last
two are less useful to the people on this mailing list.

This project -- so far -- will not work on Windows, as several of these
packages are autoconf/make projects with no CMakeLists.txt.  I actually
wrote a CMakeLists.txt for cppcheck, and fixed the borked CMakeLists.txt
for pcre.

As dependent as we are on Swig for wrapping, It would be a good thing to
contribute CMake support to the Swig project.
Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu