[Insight-developers] Questions about Doxygen Warnings

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Thu Sep 15 13:04:30 EDT 2011

See here:

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=1533121

1. ImageRegionIterator.h and ImageRegionConstIterator.h both \document the
same example.

It seems to me that it SHOULD be documented both places.  Should this
warning be suppressed? should one of the \document ImageRegionIterator.cxx
be removed? Should ImageRegionConstIterator get its own example?

2. In the FEM headers there's a repeated issue with the
itk::FEMLoadBase::SetSolution() method's documentation.  The problem is
that for reasons I'm not entirely clear on, SetSolution is a dummy in
FEMLoadBase, and to avoid warnings about the parameter being unused, the
itkNotUsed macro is used in the declaration.  This keeps Doxygen from
seeing the parameter.

So either we get a compile time warning, or a Doxygen-generation time
warning. Is it possible to get rid of both warnings at once?

3. same as #2 for itkFEMSolver.h

Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu