[Insight-developers] SIMPLEITK - TCON

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Sep 15 13:56:37 EDT 2011

On Sep 15, 2011, at 1:47 PM, Dan Mueller wrote:

> Hi Brad,
>
> I'll take a look at the failing example -- I think it is a precision
> issue (I can't compare pixel-for-pixel with the baseline). I'll also
> take a look at switching to the itkTestDriver.

I thought is was a pathing issue on the linux if I recall correctly. Switching to itkTestDriver would replace this broken code... if it's what I think is going on.

> Regarding distribution: so if I add the two C# binaries
> (SimpleITKCSharpNative.dll/so and SimpleITKCSharpManaged.dll) to the
> dist target, all is good?

I am not certain how this should be distributed.... does C# not need any header file?

What platforms can you build on? I am not sure when there will be time to package up C# right now, if you are able to get it packaged, we can place it on source forge.

As was recently posted ITK is being tagged tonight and hopefully SimpleITK tomorrow night or sooner. So there is like no time left.

> Aside: is there a reason the sitkImportImageFilter.h is not wrapped? I
> am adding it to SimpleITK.i on my local machine to see how it behaves
> with C# wrappers...

The reason that this is not wrapped is that it takes a pointer as it's primary input, this does not make since for Python, Tcl, Ruby, etc, and will need a little descriptive wrapping for Java, is nothing needed for C#, what about the the sitk::GetBufferAs..() methods?

Brad

blowekamp at mail.nih.gov