[Insight-developers] ImageSpacing or not ImageSpacing

Johnson, Hans J hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Fri Sep 16 16:36:37 EDT 2011

I have strong opinions that this should be on.  I assume that ITK defaults to working in physical space, and I depend on it working in physical space.  If distances or any other computations are done in index space, I would consider that dangerous.

For those developers who are skilled enough to understand the ramifications of choosing a faster algorithm that uses index space optimizations, they should also be skilled enough to change from the default option.

Hans

--
Hans J. Johnson, Ph.D.
hans-johnson at uiowa.edu<mailto:hans-johnson at uiowa.edu>